Friday, October 31, 2008

Boiled Eggs


This 'recipe' comes from Jackie G.:

I just thought I would add my favorite snack recipe to your site. This is a winner for adults and kids alike as they have just 78 calories and .6 grams of fat per serving. So boil and toot--oops, I mean snack away=)

Boiled Eggs
1. Put as many eggs as you want to boil in a pan.
2. Fill with cold water about an inch above the eggs.
3. Place the pan on the stove to high.
4. Bring water to a rolling boil.
5. Take pan off of hot stove plate and cover with lid.
6. Let sit for 18 minutes.
7. Remove lid and as you are dumping the hot water, cover the eggs with cold water.
8. Let sit until you are ready to peel.
9. I peel all of my eggs at once! This way when I want one for a snack or I want to make a quick egg salad for lunch, they are ready to go. I place them in a plastic bag and write the date, one week from the preparation day so that I know when the week is up. I have never had any left! I always use them before the week is over. They are as moist the first day as the last. YUMMY!

Now, just an interesting tidbit of info I found is this:
(GoodEgg.com) The older the egg, the easier it will peel. It said if you are going to hard cook an egg, the eggs need to be at least two weeks old. I had this happen to me once - I bought some eggs and hard-boiled them - for the life of me, I could not get the peels off without destroying the eggs. I didn't realize at the time that they were too fresh. I thought I had not boiled them long enough! NOPE!

2 comments:

Nielsen Family News said...

You are so full of useful information! Happy tooting!

Lynne said...

hahahaha!