Thursday, November 6, 2008

Creamy Apple Pie



From Lynne's kitchen

Approx. 4-6 apples (depending on size...I use a variety of types)
butter
cream cheese
vanilla
O.J.
sugar
brown sugar
cinnamon

I'm not much for measuring with this recipe, so everything is approximate to taste:

Cut up apples however you like and combine apples, about a tablespoon of butter, a couple tablespoons of cream cheese, a couple teaspoons of vanilla, a drizzle of O.J together in a pot. Add brown sugar and cinnamon to taste and if it doesn't look creamy enough add more of whichever of these wet ingredients you like to your own taste and bring to a slight boil.

Fill pie crust with this filling, put top crust on, cut holes or designs however you like, rub egg whites on top crust and sprinkle a litte sugar on top of the egg white rub.

Bake at 350 for 40 - 45 minutes. (Foil the edges for the first 25 minutes or so to avoid burning.)

If you'd like my crust recipe, leave a comment and I will ad it!

2 comments:

Nielsen Family News said...

Hey Lynne, this is a lovely blog- you are all creating the most beautiful foods- great photos!
My friend who is a cullinary genious wants me to take pictures of all the food we eat here- she misses the east coast- too bad since the good camera would really help out on that!

Anonymous said...

you are featured on my organizational blog this next coming week, hope that is okay, you have great ideas and I am passing them along