Monday, September 15, 2008

Apple Pie Cobbler

We've had tons of apples given to us recently and after canning what seemed like a billion of them, I still had a bag or so. Cobler sounded good, but I didn't have a recipe for an apple one, so I thought about how I make apple pies and this is what I came up with. (*no ingredients were measured exactly...just tate test it throughout)

from Lynne's kitchen:

8-10 medium sized apples (whatever kind you have!)skinned and cut
cinnamon (abt 1/4 cup)
sugar (abt 1/2 cup)
butter (abt 1/4 cup)
O.J. (abt 1/4 cup)
Apple Juice (abt 1/4 cup)
Cream Cheese (abt 1/8 cup)
Vanilla (2 or 3 tsp)

Mix all above ingredients in a sauce pan until bubbly. Pour all of it into a 9x13 pan.

Sprikle a white cake mix all over the top

Melt 1 1/2 sticks of butter and pour on top of the cake mix

Bake at 350 for about 45 - 50 minutes.

It is so bad, but tastes so good! (sorry to say that we ate it with guests before I could snap a picture)

No comments: